Tuesday, November 29, 2011

P Diddy's kid commits to UCLA over Iowa, Illinois




Most high school football recruits don’t commit to a school a day after its head coach is fired.

But Justin Combs isn’t most football recruits.

He is the son of Sean Combs, a.k.a. P. Diddy, and the two-star cornerback recruit from New Rochelle, NY, announced his decision to play for UCLA shortly after head coach Rick Neuheisel was informed he won’t be back on the Bruins sideline next fall on Sunday.

“I’m committed to UCLA,” Combs said, according to Scout.com. “I was silently committed to UCLA for a while, but now was the time.”

“I have faith in the program that everything will be OK,” said Combs about the coaching change. “My love for UCLA is so strong. I trust and know that everything will work out.”

As we mentioned while profiling Combs earlier, he is an undersized (5-9, 175 pounds) corner that blew up on the 7-on-7 circuit. Other schools interested in Combs’ services were Iowa, Illinois, Tennessee Tech and Wyoming, according to Rivals.

This kid is a 2 star recruit? That's Division III talent as far as I'm concerned, but as far as him not coming to Iowa, I have mixed feelings. My first thought is this midget won't work hard enough to ever see the field in the first place.

But my second thought was that if he did pick the Hawkeyes, maybe it would have given us an edge on some other recruits who might want to be a part of his celebrity. We definitely need more swag... oh yeah and a QB that can read coverages would help too.

No comments:

Post a Comment